https://emilyroachwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Healthy-Homemade-Chicken-Nuggets.jpg 3128 2346 eroachwellness https://emilyroachwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Emily-Logo-header-1.png eroachwellness2012-01-25 21:11:002019-01-03 22:09:15Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Skip the drive thru and the frozen food aisle. Here is an easy chicken nugget recipe that is both kid, and husband, friendly. I grew up eating these and I have hardly tweaked the original recipe from the Eater’s Choice cookbook. Now I make sure to cook enough so there is leftovers for the kids lunches.
A note about breadcrumbs. I use the heels of my bread and pulse them in the food processor. I have also used panko breadcrumbs as well and they come out just as crunchy.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs 2-3 pieces of bread
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dipping Sauce~ 2 1/2 Tsp Honey and 2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, about 8 pieces per breast.
- Mix oil, garlic, pepper and chicken in a zip top bag and marinate about 30 minutes. (You can do it in the morning and let it sit till evening, or just marinate for a few minutes, it doesn't make a huge difference in taste.)
- Mix breadcrumbs with cayenne pepper. Roll chicken pieces in bread crumbs and place on a large cookie sheet. I line my cookie sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Use honey mustard sauce or ketchup for dipping.
Updated: Instead of a breadcrumb topping, you can coarsely chop 3/4 cups of nuts. Pecans, walnuts or almonds are all healthy choices. If you choose a nut topping, omit the garlic from the recipe.
Tried this recipe?Mention @emilyroachwellness or tag #erwellness!
Enjoy this healthy homemade chicken nugget recipe. I’ve been eating this version since I was a kid!