As the temperature rises, cooking in a hot kitchen just isn’t fun. Some nights you just want to skip using the oven or stove for dinner, and maybe it’s even too hot to grill outside. You might need something a little lighter, more refreshing, and healthier, of course. For those times, look to these recipes to help you out. None of these requires you to heat anything up, yet all are still full of the nutrients your body needs to feel its best.
- Chicken and guacamole tortilla roll-up
- Open face tuna salad on whole grain bread
- Huge chopped salad (farm share!) with feta and nuts/seeds (from Julia M.)
- White bean and roasted chicken salad
- Shrimp salad-grab shrimp cocktail from the store and layer on your favorite greens.
- Minty chickpea salad with couscous (okay, so you need to heat up a cup of water in the microwave for the couscous. I think you can handle it.)
- Veggie/hummus/hard boiled egg/pita/tabbouleh platter (from Cerissa L.)
- Arugula, Italian tuna and white bean salad
- Thai beef rolls
- Watermelon steak salad
- Cucumber avocado soup
- White bean caprese salad
- Southwestern salad with black beans, shredded cheddar, avocado, romaine and tomatoes
- Sesame lime chicken salad
- Smashed white bean and avocado club, mash cannellini bean beans on whole grain bread, top with avocado, tomato and sprouts.
- Antipasto plate with marinated olives, chickpeas, prosciutto and cheese
- Shrimp ceasar salad
- Lobster or crab roll
- Waldorf chicken salad – use rotisserie chicken: chop chicken, grapes, walnuts and combine. Mix with a little greek yogurt or mayo.
- Curried tofu salad
- Tuna or chicken salad stuffed into a pepper or tomato
- Picnic in a glass
What are your favorite no-cook meals? Drop a note in the comments below.
Jumpstart your Energy!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask how to begin eating better.
Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
- Join our free Facebook community
Join me today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.