Tie-Dye Tropical Turmeric Chia Parfait
This week’s new recipe is part of the From Scratch cookbook developed by my fellow CNE alums, and this Tie-Dye Tropical Turmeric Chia Parfait will knock your socks off!
From Scratch 2019 features 50 original recipes developed by the alums of the Culinary Nutrition Expert program. All of the recipes are both gluten and dairy free, focusing on whole food ingredients. Beautiful photos, new inspiration for your meal plans, and the money raised from the sale all goes back to charity. The Turmeric Chia Parfait is just a glimpse of the delicious, nutrient dense, recipes for you to enjoy.
Organics 4 Orphans
I learned about this organization when I lived in Toronto. Organics 4 Orphans focus on education and creating self-sustainable ways to build health in African communities. Here are some of the ways they are contributing to positive change.
The 2019 Edition of From Scratch includes:
•50 incredible gluten-free and dairy-free recipes
•Vegan and paleo options
•Culinary nutrition tips
•Instant download upon purchase
•100% of proceeds go to Organics 4 Orphans
Tropical Turmeric Chia Parfait
Why is this breakfast recipe option so good for you? With both turmeric and chia seeds, it’s full of anti-inflammatory super powers. Turmeric has anticancer properties, along with being an anti-inflammatory food source. Chia seeds are packed full of Omega 3’s, which also help reduce inflammation in the body. They also help soothe the digestive tract, provides a ton of fibre, and will keep you feeling full long after breakfast is done.
My friend Jenn contributed this recipe to the cookbook. If you haven’t seen her meal prep pics on a Sunday on Instagram, you are missing out!
For the chia pudding
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp vanilla protein powder or collagen
- 1/4 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Optional: Toasted buckwheat and shredded coconut for garnish
For the layers:
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Place pineapple into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Place the pineapple and all remaining chia pudding ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Once the chia pudding has sat overnight, get your favourite glass jars ready for layering. Put a layer of pudding, followed by the coconut yogurt and then the fruit. Repeat the layers again, ending with the fruit. Top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut or toasted buckwheat if desired.
Grab your copy of the From Scratch cookbook and enjoy more recipes like the Turmeric Chia Parfait. It goes to a great cause and is sure to provide you with new recipes to share with your family.
Let me know what else you make from the cookbook besides the Turmeric Chia parfait. These Berry Walnut muffins are kid-friendly and next on my list to try!
Access the Winter Soup Guide!
Sign up to get 10 recipes which are all dairy and gluten free. Follow these recipes for a few days in a row for every meal if you would like to test out a soup cleanse.