It’s pumpkin season! Did you know it’s really easy to make your own pumpkin puree? No worrying about BPA in cans, it’s super fresh and maybe even local. All you need is some sugar pumpkins, an oven and a blender.
1. Wash your pumpkins off and place on a baking sheet.
2. Using a strong sharp knife, stab the pumpkin about 6-8 times.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
4. Let pumpkins cool until they are easy to handle. Slice in half horizontally.
5. Scoop out just the seeds and connecting membrane.
6. The pumpkin flesh leftover can be scooped out into a food processor or blender. Compost the outer skin.
7. Save your pumpkin puree in the freezer or use to make Spiced Pumpkin Smoothies, Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies, Pumpkin Muffins (love!) or Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.