Although I generally don’t share a ton of baby updates here on the blog, I’m sharing a bit today as I partner with Tommee Tippee to giveaway a set of their winter essentials for baby.
Our little guy is now six months old and has been such a wonderful addition to our family. He is generally a very easy baby, with one exception. He hates taking a bottle. Even when it’s mama’s milk, he was very difficult to feed when I was out of the house. We were told to supplement his feeding with extra pumped milk due to his slow weight gain, but he refused the bottles. We had to start solid food at four months to make sure he was getting enough calories since he tends to sleep through the typical night-time feedings. (I know, terrible, right?) Even though that wasn’t what I planned, we all had to adjust.
Now at six months, we had turned a slight corner. We switched over to the Tommee Tippee bottles I was given and switched to the faster flow nipple. Finally we have some success when it comes to a bottle. Although he does tend to growl his way through it, at least I know he won’t go hungry if I’m working. We are also using the electric bottle and food warmer, more often for the food. He likes his meal on the warmer side so it’s handy to put in a jar while I’m getting meals ready. I like using this instead of a microwave for his food as we try to rely on a microwave less and less. Connor is still breastfed primarily and we hope to until he can have regular cow’s milk.
Now you can win a very fun winter essentials pack from Tommee Tippee. If you don’t need it, get it for a friend or donate it to a local charity. The contest is open to US residents only and ends at midnight, Friday December 20th.
The Tommee Tippee winter essentials pack includes:
· Limited edition snowflake bottle and pacifier set (available exclusively at Target). The winter-themed snowflake gift set includes 3-9 oz. Bottles and 2 pacifiers, and retails for $19.99.
· Our Closer to Nature Electric Bottle and Food Warmer, which heats bottles and baby food quickly and safely
· Hat + mittens to keep your baby warm for the first snow (winner to specify if they have a boy or girl and will receive the gender-appropriate set; please note that both are pictured below)
· Hand warmers for mom + dad to stay toasty
· Hot chocolate for mom + dad to enjoy while baby’s drinking from his or her snowflake bottle
Disclosure: I have received Tommee Tippee products when Connor was first born…thank you! We have been using the products above and the Diaper Disposal system too (that seals each individual diaper…when we use disposables at night.) All opinions shared here are my own.