As the kids return to school, so comes the return of the running noses and germy hands. With a little baby at home, I am super aware of the imminent germs coming into our home. There are a few new things we are doing this year to keep us all healthy and the germs at bay. Here are some ways to keep your kids healthy naturally this season, plus a giveaway for natural remedies from Erba Vita. Erba Vita is a European company with high quality natural products that are effective, GMO-free, and pesticide-free.
- Buy a fun soap canister for the kids so they enjoy hand washing. Help them from an early age learn how to wash their hands well. Get them to sing a favorite song so they learn how long they should wash their hands.
- Offer kids a balanced diet with lots of variety in their fruits and veggies. Offer favorite fruits for snack, or make them a fun strawberry fruit roll-up.
- Use a hand sanitizer when you are out and about. We tested out the Mother’s Therapy Organics kids sanitizer and love it so far. It’s not as drying as most alcohol based sanitizer as it includes aloe vera-based lotion. I keep a small one clipped on my diaper bag so I can use it after changing diapers on-the-go. The kids gave it a “no sting” vote.
- Get the kids to bed early. (And mom and dad too!) A good night sleep helps the body defend against germs during the day.
- Boost immunity with a supplement, like Erba Vita’s Immun Kids. For ages 4 and up, it contains active herbal ingredients to help support a healthy immune system.
- Keep tissues handy so they are ready for sneezes. Teach kids how to sneeze into their elbow by encouraging them to “catch” their sneeze.
- Keep extra toothbrushes on hand so you can replace them quickly if someone gets sick.
- Everyone in the house should get a flu shot. I know people have strong opinions on this, I’m voting for flu shots for our family since our littlest one can’t get a shot and I want to keep him as healthy as possible in his first year of life.
- Make sure the kids stay hydrated. Send a water bottle to school and limit the amount of sugary beverages they consume.
Erba Vita is offering one lucky reader a $150 worth of products of your choosing. You can check out their Kids’ Line, Women’s Health, Weight Loss, and more. Please enter via the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway is open to US residents only until Sept 30th. Winner will be notified via email.
I received some of the Erba Vita products to review, including their Leg Light Gel that I used at the end of my pregnancy. It was great to use at the end of the day. I appreciate their commitment to using quality ingredients and following the safest standard of testing. You can get some of their product line in Whole Foods now or order online. All opinions shared here are my own.
I also received the Mother’s Therapy Organic line of hand sanitizer and lotion. So far it’s one of the kids’ favorite as it’s not too sticky and doesn’t sting like most alcohol based sanitizers.
Wonder if Leg Lite would help with my Restless Leg Syndrome. Would love to try it out!
I like the Leg Light Gel
I’d love to try that Immun for kids!! Always looking for a way to keep germs out of our house!! 🙂
Immun kids sounds great to me! I have two 7th grade boys who catch everything that goes around their middle school. Healthy all summer, in school a week and we already have a chest cold and sinus trouble 🙁
If Quiet Kids keeps my wee one asleep I’ll buy a case of it! LOL
I would love to try the Immun Kids! Back to school means lots of germs..
Immun Act, especially after the person sitting next to me on the train today was coughing from Boston to Needham!
I like everything in the kids line products. I would like to try the ‘quite’ and the ‘throat’ ones.
I’d probably go with the Immun Kids
I like their Happy Mood product or Relax products.
I would love to try the relax products!