After last February’s epic snowfall, I can’t say I was very excited for the return of winter. When we learned we were moving to Toronto, we had no idea what to expect. Most people said it isn’t too bad, yet others said the last two winter’s were really cold. So far it’s been quite bearable, but I know we are far from through the woods.
Today I’m sharing some of my favorite things this winter that are helping me stay warm and cozy when the temps do dip below freezing. The only thing missing from this list is my husband lighting a fire in the family room.
- Reading has become a favorite pastime again. All the Light We Cannot See is a must read. (amazon affiliate link)
- North Face Mittens (shop)
- Essential oils-I use the Young Living line and use Thieves daily. (if you need someone to place your order with, I can connect you with someone in the US or Canada) There are another 4 oils I use regularly as well and so far we are all staying healthy this season!
- L’Occitane Shea Butter- using this on everyone’s hands and face. Amazing. (shop)
- Tea is key, and so are cute mugs.
- Lole Emmy jacket (shop). I have the blue one!
- Cozy boots are a must for our slushy mornings. I love these ones from Merrell.
- Audible books, which is Amazon’s audiobook shop- get 2 free audiobooks when you try it out this month. (amazon shop) I find it easier to listen to non-fiction books on my reading list in the car. My two favorite ones as of late are Big Magic and Make it Happen.
- Tennis is my favorite sport these days. It’s social and aerobic at the same time and makes me feel less of an outsider in my new town. I use the Babolat Aerodrive racket.
Share some of your winter favorites in the comments below. I can’t wait to hear what’s on your list.
Love that you put Thieves on your list! I would add Super B vitamins to keep that energy up.
I can’t wait to try them! My essential oil routine is enough for a whole other post.
I loved All The Light We Cannot See! Made my bus journeys to work so much better!