Turkey Minestrone Soup
Simple minestrone soup for a cold, winter's night.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
- 1 lb ground turkey organic, pastured
- 4 tbl olive oil extra virgin
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 celery diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbl sea salt
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 cup chicken bone broth or beef broth
- 2 cup water
- 1 can navy beans or cannellini
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 15 oz jars
- 1 cup short grain brown rice Lundenburg
- Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese optional
In a large Dutch Oven or saucepan, add olive oil. Brown the turkey until cooked through.
Add the diced vegetables (except garlic) and cook until softened, about 4-6 minutes on medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Next, add in the balance of ingredients through rice.
Check the soup midway through. If the rice has absorbed too much water, just add another cup or two of water or bone broth.
Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano or Parmesan, or leave out for Whole30/Paleo compliant.